Monday, December 24, 2007

Journey Home

Have many stories and images yet to share. We have successfully left the ice, went back to our purgatory of Puenta Arenas for yet another night (saw my first darkness in a week, an odd thing darkness).

We are now sitting in Santiago waiting for our late night flight. Both of us are mentally beat with all the frantic travel plans, all our efforts will not accomplish our goal however, as we will both miss Xmas morning with our families (a crushing defeat).

We had to leave quickly this morning and could not wish a proper farewell to our new friends, Irish Mark (whom owes me pesos from cards), English James (whom also owes me a lot of pesos), Raj (who was smart and did not play cards), Neil - from the UK, and most of all William, whom set the world record in his wheelchair and who has raised a lot of money for the same cause I am doing this for. I can only hope we get a chance in Santiago to say our goodbyes.

On the flight in from Patriot Hills, I was able to look out the front windows of the Aircraft and see the ice pack stretch on for miles, it was incredible and inspiring, I can´t wait to share the images I captured.
















I will do my best to post many of the images of the amazing continent of Antartica as well as catch up on many of the stories of the trip. It is good to be back, it will be better to hug my kids again.

I am tired now, so I will find a bench to rest my head, will post more later.