Thursday, December 13, 2007

More Delays

These delays are getting discouraging. I understand the reasoning with them (safety) but I think I have seen all I want to see in Punta Arenas.


We are looking into possibly renting a sleeping bag and tent and go on a walkabout for a bit as it looks like they won´t get the runway cleared for several days.


The storm that settled in is very unusual, as the high polar desert does not usually get much precipitation at all.


With Torres del Paine out of the way, we will probably head south (can´t go too far south as we are pretty close to the tip of South America already). My daughter wants me to see some penguins and since there will be none where we are going (near the south pole) I will try and get to a colony here and take some pictures.

Face is getting very grisly with the shaving situation, might really think about shaving. We took our laundary today and tried to find a washer and drier, Mike asked that I bring the camera as he wanted proof that he could show his family that he really did know how to clean his own clothes. Funny thing is, we asked a cabbie (in the standard tourist format of broken spanish and sign language - holding cloths in air and plugging nose) and he took us to a full service laundromat (we can pick up our cloths at 5PM). So, I am sorry to say that there will not be any pictures of Mike actually doing laundry.

Might have to get another pair of running shoes as the ones I brought with me have been sitting on the plane loaded with the cargo. All this waiting could really affect my marathon run unless I get some training in.